Thursday, March 18, 2010

Restaurant Highlight: Mi Lah Vegetarian in Philadelphia

Ahh brunch. The best meal of the day, especially if you're a vegan and you live in Philadelphia. Kristin took me to a little place called Mi Lah Vegetarian, and their entire brunch menu is vegan! aka no eggs! aka I can have french toast for the first time in years! Basically, the food was incredible, the service lovely, and the setting adorable. I highly recommend it. I think Kristin is even going back this weekend for the French toast...

They started with a complementary plate of fruit. This wasn't actually that great, but the grapes were pretty good...

Now, the French toast, on the other hand, was AMAZING. Best French toast of my life, vegan or otherwise. Until your typical egg-based French toast, which can be a little heavy dense, this was perfectly light and airy with just a hint of cinnamon. I asked the waiter, but he said the sauce is a secret even to him. My mouth is watering just thinking about this...

Kristin's pancakes with blueberry sauce and tempeh bacon. The "bacon" was actually pretty good and tasted enough like bacon for me. Soooo many pancakes...

Mike's Tofu Benedict with tomatoes, home fries and sauteed swiss chard. This was really good, he let me try a bite. The tofu was baked or fried, we couldn't decide, placed on thin bread and topped with a vegan hollandaise sauce. Awesome.


Mine! And my favorite (aside from the French toast). This was a "Black Bean Tostada," which basically means a chip-like-thing smeared with black bean sauce and basil sour cream, mango, tomatoes, etc. It also came with a spicy seitan and pineapple salsa that I put in the tortilla and ate like a burrito. Mmmmm.

http://www.milahvegetarian.com/

~Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment