Sunday, June 5, 2011

Restarting the food challenge

I have struggled with reducing the amount of carbs, sugar, and oil in my diet since I enrolled in college. Unfortunately, cutting food out of a vegan diet is not always as easy as it sounds.

Because of my long term issues with digestion and skin, I have decided to try again. I am going to try the lemonade fast later this week (2T Lemon, 2T Maple Syrup, 8Oz of Water, Cayenne Pepper), and am working on eating only fruits, vegetables, and grains. I will exclude oil, sugar, and wheat products while continuing my vegan diet.

In any event, I wanted to post two very tasty dressing ideas for anyone trying to eat salad without an oil based dressing:

Tahini, lemon, pepper, and water
Tahini, miso, water, soy sauce

The tahini-miso dressing is from Veganomicon, and the lemon-tahini dressing is one of my mom's creations. I should clarify that the type of oil which is most toxic to the diet is free oil; before it is extracted, oils found naturally in foods are a necessary and healthful part of the diet, (as far as I know).

Wish me luck!
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment