Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 3


Broccoli with Maple-Miso Glaze

Hello again!

So, last night I had to break the oil free diet because I had previously agreed to go to dinner with a bunch of good friends, and I decided that it was more important that I ate with them than it was that I kept up with the oil-free bit. I ate ahead of time so I would be less hungry at the meal, which was really delicious! They made chana masala, pasta, and date-almond balls.

For lunch yesterday, I had steamed broccoli with a maple-miso glaze, which was 1/4 miso, 2 T Water, 1 T Maple Syrup cooked over a low heat for about ten minutes. I ate the broccoli with polenta, which I cooked in vegetable broth according to the package instructions.

I wanted to say something about how I am feeling today versus after the meal with oil. I feel really energetic and healthy, even though I have definitely been eating too much sugar. The chana masala, although very tasty, was difficult for me to eat a lot of because it felt decidedly heavy. I really like the effect it has been having, and I don't feel convinced that this food isn't as good (although it has certainly been a total pain).

No comments:

Post a Comment